Prom Dresses: My High Street Picks

For the past few days all I've been doing is online shopping for the prom dress of my dreams. It's almost become an obsession. The Internet: 1, Melissa: 0.  Recently I've been helping to organize a formal event for my University which means I'm feeling a little extra pressure to get my outfit just right. The event theme is The Oscars and for me, the fashion trends that come to mind are glitter, stand-out colours and tulle. Trying to embody your inner Hollywood actress is pretty difficult when you're limited to a student budget but here are a few pieces under £50 that I picked out during my Internet Asos binge. I've ordered a dress today that I'm hoping will be 'the one' but I'm saving it for photos on the day - fingers crossed it fits.

1. As Audrey would say, you can't go wrong with an LBD and this stunning tulle cocktail dress from the beautiful Needle and Thread range from Asos is perfect for Oscar themed parties and formals. 

  




2. This dress screams sophisticated elegance and the embellished neckline means you don't have to worry about finding a statement necklace.



Image 1 of ASOS Embellished Neckline Debutante Midi Dress


(it would be under £50 if you include student discount!)


3. This is more of a statement dress and I'm a huge fan of the sheer sleeves and glitter detailing.



Image 1 of Little Mistress Sheer Midi Prom Dress with Embellished Neckline



4. I'd say this nude scalloped beaded dress is more Gatsby than Oscars but it's still a dress worthy of the red carpet. The price is pretty amazing too. 



Image 1 of New Look Two Tier Beaded Dress




5. Finally, this gorgeous floral piece from True Decadence is truly stunning and would be great for weddings too. I personally don't feel comfortable going strapless but nevertheless I'm still obsessed with this outfit. I think the satin floral style is going to be very popular in Spring Summer this year.

Image 4 of True Decadence Structured Organza Midi Prom Dress

I hope you enjoyed this post, do you have any proms, formal events or weddings coming up? Which dress is your favourite?

xxx

Post a Comment