German Drugstore Beauty Haul

If you read my last post, you'll know I've now been living in Germany for two weeks on my year abroad and during this time I have been slowly accumulating beauty products from my new favourite shop, DM (basically the equivalent of Boots). Some of these things are unfortunately only available in Germany but since they're still international brands, I thought they were still worth including!



First of all, I picked up the Catrice Glam and Doll Volume Mascara after Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup raved on about it as a dupe for the Loreal Telescopic Mascara. After trying it out a few times, I can confirm it is extremely similar and a fraction of the price. It's amazing at lengthening and defining the lashes and in some ways I prefer it to my Benefit Roller Lash mascara as the lengthening power is insane. 

When it comes to brows, I think Maybelline products really do pack a punch. I wear the Brow Drama Gel on a daily basis and am now using it in conjunction with the Brow Satin Duo Pencil for a bold brows look. It's also been compared with the Antastasia Brow Wiz so bonus points there too for penny-saving. The product is a thin retractable pencil on one end and a brow-filling powder on the other. Personally I'm more of a fan of the pencil as it gives a defined but natural effect.

I'll admit I'd pretty much forgotten about the Maybelline Colour Tattoo's until the other day. I remember purchasing 'On and On Bronze' when the range was first released and I prayed for a more neutral shade to be added to the collection. In steps 'Creamy Beige', a matte shade that is more on the light brown side but extremely flattering and excellent on its own or as an eyeshadow base. This extended colour range may only be available in certain European countries, or maybe just not in my local Boots, but I'll definitely be back for more.

Finally, I ended up buying Essie's Bahama Mama - the ultimate Autumn Winter wine red. I don't have a snap of it on my nails but check out my Instagram as it won't be long! @modernaudreyh. 




Have you ever bought some makeup from Germany? Are there any brands I need to look up?

xxx

Post a Comment