February Favourites


Happy March! Where has this month gone? It feels like yesterday I was applying for internships in March and it felt forever away. Luckily I can say I finally got a job and will soon be starting the next chapter of my year abroad. But enough about that - I'll be posting some sort of 'life update' style post in the next few weeks anyway - today's post is a beauty favourites post. I haven't written a favourites post since November and I think it's because I'm unorganized and don't tie myself down to a posting schedule. Despite this, I have been posting a lot more frequently this month and I hope you've been enjoying my content. My blog is a lot less fashion-based than it used to be, not out of lack of enthusiasm, but simply because I haven't felt inspired to take outfit photos and the struggle to find good backdrops in Göttingen have been pretty darn real. But alas, onto the beauty bits I've been loving this February!

Firstly I've been really enjoying the Zoeva 102 Silk Finish Foundation Brush. It was featured on my Six Things for 2016 Beauty Wishlist post and it didn't take me long to snap it up. The bristles are soft, easy to wash and they blend foundation like a dream. I do still prefer my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for liquid foundation but this one is a close second!

I picked up the L'Oreal Superliner Duo Precision liquid eyeliner last week in Hamburg when I realised I'd left my Bourjois liner at home. At first I really hated the weird felt tip which didn't seem to apply very well but after a few attempts, I now think it's holy grail material. I'd never used a sponge applicator before but this one has a very clever design where you can use the fine tip or the wide tip to vary up your liner looks. Just make sure you play around with it a few times before you wear it out of the house!

I've definitely been having a little love affair with my new NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Luxembourg this month - another one from my 2016 wish list! After hearing Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup rave on about these pencils, I decided to treat myself when I went to Leeds over the New Year break. Upon swatching it at Space NK, I thought the colour was a blue-toned red but in some lights it appears more on the fuschia side. Either way, it's a beautiful colour and is the one I'm wearing in my social media profile pictures. The texture is smooth and creamy and it lasts for hours. I now have my eye on the Dragon Girl and Mysterious Red colours. 

If you read my Spring MAC Haul post, you'll have already seen the MAC Longwear Paint Pot in Bare Study. It's a bloggers favourite for a reason and I've been really impressed with the quality. It's the ultimate champagne cream eyeshadow and can be worn under eyeshadows or on its own. 

For nails this month, I couldn't stop wearing Essie Bahama Mama. It pairs perfectly with the MAC Rebel lipstick and the colour goes with just about any outfit. 

Finally I've been spritzing away my Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede cologne a lot recently. I'm trying to be sparing with it but when you find the perfect transitional spring scent, how can you not?

What were your February Beauty Favourites?

xxx


If you liked this post, you might also like Checking out a By Terry Dupe and My Eyeshadow Palette Obsessions.

Post a Comment