My Current Eyeshadow Palette Obsessions


Just about everyone in the beauty blogging world seems to be obsessed with eyeshadow palettes and I'm not going to stray from that cult belief that none of them are the same and there is absolutely nothing wrong with hoarding collecting them. Whether it's MAC, Bobbi Brown or L'Oreal that floats your boat, there's nothing quite as exciting as the launch of a new eyeshadow palette that simply must be bought. The palettes I've collected are well-loved for different reasons and hopefully you'll find this useful if you're looking to try something other than the Urban Decay Naked palettes.  

The Luxury Palette

You might firstly recognize the stunning YSL Tuxedo Nudes palette which featured in my November Favourites last year. Although it was the most expensive beauty purchase I have ever made - around £40 discounted at duty free - it is the perfect everyday metallics palette that I reach for nearly every day. You can create a variety of daytime eye looks, smoke it up for an evening out and the pigmentation is incredible. The texture is high-quality, easy to blend and although I'd always recommend a primer, I wouldn't say it's an essential. I can't understand why I never hear beauty bloggers talk about this but it's a true 10/10 for me. 

The Travel Palette

The Smashbox Mini Full Exposure palette is extremely adorable and a great way to try the Smashbox eyeshadows without committing to fourteen-shade palette which you may not even use. The colour selection is good and some of the colours are beautiful with high pigmentation, such as the inky blue shade, the matte colours and champagne shade. This one is very similar to Stila Kitten and it looks really great with winged eyeliner. Unfortunately the two dark glittery shades are very chunky and don't translate well onto the eyelid which is a real shame. Another downside is that is that it has cracked a few times upon travelling and I'm not sure if this is a common problem or simply my own clumsy fault. Despite this, I still recommend it as a travel palette as the size is handy and the colour choice is good for my tastes. I haven't tried the Mini Double Exposure palette but it looks amazing for smokey eyes. 

The Experimental Palette
The Maybelline Blushed Nudes Palette is the newest addition to my eyeshadow family and I was drawn to it because A) It's new B) The colours aren't what I'd usually pick and C) It's very very affordable. I also love the packaging even though a mirror might have been a nice touch. As usual, the eyeshadow brush is useless but I'm always more interested in the eyeshadows themselves. I think the shade selections are great for experimenting with new colours but the darker colours are more pigmented than the lighter ones. I also experienced a little fall-out upon application so perhaps it's better to apply a primer first and then touch up your face makeup afterwards. I'm in love with the lower row of colours and for the price I think it's still worth giving a go. I've included swatches in natural light below so hopefully you can see that the colours really are quite special.  


The Multi-Functional Palette

The Benefit Pump Up the Party set from the Christmas 2015 collection might not quite qualify as an eyeshadow palette so I name it the 'multi-functional palette' as it includes a few other Benefit beauties. The eyeshadows included are Milk It, Nude Swings, It's Complicated and Kiss Me I'm Tipsy. They're still available to buy in single form or in the Easiest Nudes Ever, Sexiest Nudes Ever and Most Glamorous Nudes Ever palettes. As the singles are £15.50 each, I would recommend buying one of the palettes for £23.50 as it includes a mix of four powder eyeshadows and two creaseless cream eyeshadows. The eyeshadows can be a little powdery sometimes but the payoff is good and the colours are easy to work with. 



What are your current eyeshadow palette obsessions?


If you liked this post, you might also like February Favourites and My Highlight Heroes.

Post a Comment