A Quick and Easy Office Makeup Look



You know the drill: It's 8am and after hitting the snooze button more than you'd like to admit, it's time to get ready for work, uni or school. Of course no-one should feel they have to wear makeup but for me it's part of my morning ritual and I really enjoy it. One thing I always lack, however, is time. For me the best products to wear to work are the ones that are quick to apply and blend (if necessary) but also the ones that are long-lasting. The last thing I want to be doing in my lunch break is doing a complete makeup overhaul.

For my base I use the No7 Beautifully Matte foundation in Cool Ivory paired with the Benefit Bo-oing concealer in 01. I've definitely mentioned these products before so it's no surprise that they've made it in this list. The No7 foundation is a dream to blend and I've yet to find another one that can be applied as quickly and efficiently with no skill whatsoever. As for the concealer, it's described as 'industrial strength' and it's great to use for little touch ups if you're conscious about any blemishes. This is now my second pot and and the first one lasted me six months with daily use! To set everything into place, I quickly use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 005 Silky Beige. 

For eye makeup I like to keep it simple and I sweep a few of the Smashbox Mini Full Exposure eyeshadows onto my lids before going in with the Benefit They're Real Mascara. For a full review of the eyeshadow palette, check out My Current Eyesahdow Palette Obsessions. At the moment my favourite eyeshadow combination is the champagne shimmer shade with the chocolate brown colour blended into the crease. Then I'll focus on my brows and luckily the Benefit Gimme Brow only takes thirty seconds tops. If I have time for liquid eyeliner I'll apply a thin line using the Bourjois Liner Pinxeau which is the best eyeliner for in a rush. Somehow I find that eyeliner is easier to apply after mascara but it's all personal preference.

Finally I'll add some glow to my face using the Benefit Rockateur blush - if you'd like to read more about my favourite blushes, check out The Blush Edit. Rockateur lasts all day and adds a rosy shimmer that's subtle and sophisticated. 

Don't worry I didn't forget lipstick, I'm usually found applying MAC's Creme Cup or Snob on the way to work - ultimate time saving hack I know. They're both beautiful pink shades that aren't too attention-seeking.


What's your go-to makeup look for work, school or uni?

xxx

Post a Comment