April Favourites


I don't know about you, but my April has been pretty crazy. With loads going on at my internship, my family visiting and a university languages event in a castle, I feel like I haven't had a minute to myself. But as usual, it hasn't stopped me from trying out a load of new beauty products, some of which have been featured in other blog posts such as my New In Spring Beauty Haul. The weather in Berlin is really unpredictable at the moment but for the most part it's been gloriously sunny. And whenever the weather warms up, my makeup seems to become more peachy and glowy - and I like it! So here a few products I've been obsessed with over the past month:

We all love a good highlighter and I don't think the MAC Cream Colour Bases get enough love in the blogger world. I'm always in a rush to get ready for work and this little creamy compact makes highlighting the tops of my cheeks really quick and effortless. I have the shade Shell and it works really well on my skintone without being overly glittery. 

The most summery beauty product I've been using this month has to be Essie's Lounge Lover. It's a gorgeous peachy orange and I've received quite a few compliments whilst wearing it. I was a bit sceptical at first that it would look good with every outfit in my wardrobe but somehow it's surprisingly versatile. As with all Essie polishes, it's pretty chip resistant and a great price.



Moving onto the star of the show, my first NARS eyeshadow duo which is from the new Spring Collection and is called Hammamet. I'll admit I find the beige shade a little hard to work with but the rose gold shade is absolutely stunning. I have more photos on my in-depth review here but to summarise the texture is a dream to work with and really high quality.



You might have heard about Rimmel's lip liner East End Snob before and I can confirm it's definitely worth the hype. It's a beautiful creamy formula and the colour is a flattering dusky rose shade with a hint of brown but not enough to go into MAC Velvet Teddy territory. I've heard it's a similar dupe to MAC Soar to make sure you have a swatch the next time you're in Boots. Mostly I've been wearing it on its own but I definitely want to find a lipstick that matches it - maybe MAC Faux? If you have any suggestions please leave a comment or tweet me at @modernaudreyh.



Finally, a perfume favourite! I was lucky enough to receive Ellenisia by Penhaligon's as a Christmas present and it's the perfect delicate floral scent for the transition from spring to summer. The photo at the top is a little misleading as I've actually used around half of the product - sadly - so I might be switching things up next month to save what I have left for special occasions.  


What were your April Favourites?

xxx

Post a Comment