NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams - Istanbul and Antwerp


I'm very late to the liquid lipsticks party but I finally got my hands on two of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in the shades Istanbul and Antwerp. After all the hype about the Kylie lip kits I thought I'd try out something similar and a lot easier to get hold of! From the selection at Douglas, I thought these two were the most 'me'. 

Istanbul is a bright rosy pink that looks gorgeous on paler skintones. It's more work appropriate so I've been wearing this with pastel colours and minimal eye makeup. Antwerp is a little more of a red-toned coral pink and it's more of a statement shade. It would look amazing with a tan so I can't wait to get more use out of it in the summer. 

In terms of the quality, I'm quite impressed when you consider the affordable price of around 7 Euro. Liquid lipsticks have a reputation for lasting longer than a traditional lipstick and I would say they last a couple of hours before they need topping up. I've been reaching for these more than my MAC lipsticks even though they can be a little on the drier side. They definitely aren't a moisturising product so make sure your lips are prepped beforehand with a lip scrub and a lip balm. My only two little gripes are that you don't get too much product in the actual tube and they can also be quite staining if they end up on your clothes so be warned! But other than that I absolutely love them and will definitely be checking out some other colours soon. Here are a few photos to get a better impression of the shades. 



Have you tried the Soft Matte Lip Creams yet? 
xxx

Post a Comment