The Spring Base: Bourjois City Radiance


If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know that my favourite full-coverage foundation is No7 Beautifully Matte and it has been since I was 18. Three years is a long time to stick to the same face product and I fancied trying something lighter and more brightening as we're finally entering the spring months and the weather's warming up a bit.

I'm not normally fussed by new foundations in the drugstore market but I was really intrigued by the Bourjois City Radiance launch. Firstly, the packaging is nothing short of stunning and secondly, I wondered: does my skin have different needs now I live in a city

The main selling points are:

        - SPF 30
        - Lighter coverage, skin can breathe
        - Brightening ingredients
         - Smells amazing

I have the shade 02 Vanilla and luckily it's a really great match for my skintone - 01 looked very light on the swatches I've seen on other blog posts so I don't think that would look right on me. My sister brought this with her on a recent trip and I'm so glad the colour match worked out - luckily she's into makeup too. I haven't seen Bourjois available in Germany yet so it was a necessary measure. I have a feeling the foundation shade selection available in Boots isn't great so make sure you check out the testers before you order online.

The consistency of the foundation is really nice, neither thick nor watery and it's very easy to blend and build up if you're wanting a bit more coverage. The lasting power isn't amazing which is why I also use Soap and Glory's One Heck of a Blot Primer and Benefit's Boi-ing concealer to make my base last the whole working day at the office. 


What's your favourite spring foundation?
xxx

Post a Comment