The Nude Pink Lip Edit

lipstick, beauty, beauty blogger, nyx, mac, velvet teddy, soft matte lip cream

When it comes to daily makeup, my favourite decision is which lip products I'm going to use. Lipstick can truly transform your look and in recent weeks, I've been turning to nude tones or pink shades to keep everything simple and fresh for the warmer months. These tones always look amazing with a tan, so I'm definitely applying a whole lot more of Benefit's Hoola and starting to think about fake tan options. For this post I've assembled my current six favourite summery lip products that look good on just about anyone. 

I've mentioned it before but the Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner in Eastend Snob is my perfect 'vintage pink shade' that looks amazing under any kind of rose or nude lipstick. It's a creamy formula and although it can sometimes crumble if you don't use a steady hand, it's comfortable to wear and great at extending the wear of your lipstick. I haven't tried the MAC lipliners to compare but at £3.99 for Rimmel's perfection, I don't think I need to.

MAC's Velvet Teddy was a key product in my Weekend Coppery Makeup Look and although it's a tenny bit too brown for me, I like to add some pink lipstick on the top to make it a more wearable nude for everyday. I love the matte finish and it's one of those sophisticated shades that will never go out of fashion.   


swatch, beauty blog, beauty blogger, mac, velvet teddy, lipstick

The Soap & Glory lipsticks in 5th Avenude and Pink Up Girl are absolutely beautiful and I'm so happy I managed to pick them up when I was in England a few weeks ago. I bought a few Soap & Glory things in Boots but these were definitely the star purchases. They're highly pigmented, comfortable to wear and have a yummy vanilla scent, making them a great dupe for MAC. The shade selection is really impressive for a smaller drugstore brand and they come in a few different finishes: Matte, Satin and Shine. 

The NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams are infamous in the blogging world and my favourite at the moment is Istanbul. The finish is matte and opaque but it doesn't make you look like a Barbie doll! The product is ridiculously easy to apply with a doe-foot applicator so it's perfect for when you're heading out the door in a rush. You'll need to top it up in a few hours but with the cupcake scent, it's a pleasure. 

Finally I've been using this sample of the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in Rose 01 on low maintenance makeup days when I just feel like adding a sheer wash of colour. I'm not a fan of lipglosses but this formula isn't overly sticky, it feels nicely hydrating and smells good enough to eat. I haven't tried the Clarins lip oils yet but they sound incredible.

What are your Nude and Pink Lip Picks? 

xxx

Post a Comment