My Top 3 Summer Foundations

foundation, bareminerals, loreal nude magique cushion

Apologies for the lack of content on my blog lately, life got a bit busy with my family coming to visit me in Berlin last weekend so I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things soon. Today's post is a quick overview of my favourite foundations for summer. It might not be feeling like summer in the UK right now but Berlin has been incredibly hot so I've been changing up my makeup so that my base is lighter and packed with great skincare ingredients.
One of the two newbies to my foundation collection is the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue in Vanilla 02. I was desperate to try this after my skin started feeling a little dry and patchy when I applied other bases. The Complexion Rescue is one of those BB / CC cream hybrids that is designed to give dry skin a boost of radiance and coverage. I wouldn't say it's the most long lasting foundation I've tried but I love applying this in a morning after a good primer such as Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot. You can use your fingers but I prefer using the Zoeva Silk Finish foundation brush for an even finish. It's also SPF 30 which is always a bonus. 

I wrote a whole post about my love for the Bourjois City Radiance foundation in April but to recap, the main things I like about this base is that it's a good consistency, easy to blend and it's quite brightening. It might, however, be more suited towards normal rather than dry skin because unless I've used a whole lot of hydrating night cream the night before, it can sometimes highlight rather than conceal the dry patches. Combination skin really can be a tough one. But overall, I'd still recommend giving it a go. My shade is 02 Vanilla - I'm sensing a pattern..

Another new launch in the beauty world has been the L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation. You might have seen this in my May Beauty Wishlist and I managed to get hold of shade 3 - luckily it is a perfect match for my skin tone. I think there are around 8 shade options in the UK but Germany has been limited to just 3. The cushion compact is handy but in my opinion it's a little gimicky and disguises the fact that it contains only 14.6g of product. Nevertheless I'm loving this foundation for days when I want a dewy natural looking glow with a light to medium amount of coverage. I haven't tried the sponge method yet but a stippling brush gives a lovely even finish.The formula is lighter than the BareMinerals Complexion Radiance but it's also more buildable and you have more control with what you put on. Again, it has an SPF 29 which is decent but in hot weather you still need a moisturiser with SPF to make sure you're fully protected against sun damage. 


What are your favourite Summer Foundations?

xxx

Post a Comment