New In Christmas Beauty



It's been a while since I've written a beauty review post and I thought that it was about time I wrote one. There have been so many new beauty launches for the festive season, as you can read about in my previous blog post, but I did manage to buy a few of them before I was told by my sister to stop buying things that I could have been bought for Christmas! 

Firstly I am now the proud owner of one third of the Too Faced Christmas in New York Grand Hotel Cafe set. The set consists of three eyeshadow palettes and a mini mascara which were split up between me, my sister and my mum. I chose the Eggnog Latte palette and have really been enjoying using it this month. In comparison to my Natural Eyes palette I don't think the pigmentation is quite as good but it is still a nice palette to have. The shades Frosty Nog and Skinny Latte are mattes, Eggnog Latte and Cold Brew are sheerer foil shadows (to use on top of other shades) and Iced Coffee and Central Perks are shimmer shadows. I'm not crazy about the Peach Cobbler blush but it is a nice universally flattering shade to include. As you might expect, the Eggnog scent is sweet and festive. Well done Too Faced.



There are so many beautiful new products in the Mac Nutcracker Sweet Holiday collection but I opted for the Sweet Peach face palette which I picked up in Birmingham duty free on my way to Germany a few weeks ago. It includes a beautiful sparkly champagne highlighter and a matte rouge blush. I'm a little disappointed with the blush as it takes a lot of effort to get the pigmentation to show through but I'm in love with the highlighter. If you're looking for a new festive highlighter, this would be perfect for the party season. In duty free I paid around £24 but it is currently selling at MAC for £29. 



Finally, although not a Christmas release, I treated myself whilst I was in Germany to my first Anastasia product. There was a small stand in a Douglas store (Douglas is equivalent to Debenhams or Boots) and I decided to buy a brow powder duo in the shade Taupe. As much as I do want to try the Dip Brow Pomade, I'm currently using Benefit's Ka-Brow so I decided it would be more sensible to wait for that to run out first. The Brow Powder duo creates a soft natural effect on your brows and you can either use the shades separately or together. I like to use it before I apply Benefit's Gimme Brow. I'm still undecided whether it is worth the hype from the beauty blogging world but I'll let you know when I review it in depth in a favourites post. 


Let me know in the comments whether you've tried any of these products too

xxx

Post a Comment